I edit research articles, theses and dissertations, and grant applications, with a special emphasis on the health sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
My usual rate is $60CDN/hour + GST, payable by email money transfer, and I follow Amy Eihsohn‘s guidelines for double-spaced pages per hour edited:
Please note that Eihsohn’s guidelines apply strictly to copyediting; if I judge that your text would also benefit from stylistic, structural, or developmental copyediting, the rate that I’m able to quote will be slower than the above table lists.
For an estimate of the cost of your project, please provide the following:
- The length of the project (in number of words).
- The date that you require the work returned to you.
- The kind of editing you need (i.e., work on grammar & word choice, or more substantive, structural feedback).
- Any concerns or details about areas of weakness in your writing.
- A short sample (5-10 pages) of the work to be edited.
You can contact me through this site or email me at letitia [dot] henville [at] gmail [dot] com.
Please note that my freelancing schedule is often booked in advance, and I am rarely able to offer turn-around times of less than one week. Should you need a rush job, I would be happy to recommend one of my colleagues.
Graduate students, please note that I follow Editors Canada’s Guidelines for Ethical Editing of Theses / Dissertations to ensure the academic integrity of your work.