Writing short is hard. I can help.
I work with researchers as they articulate their goals to an audience of their peers. Your research is important: if you want it to be read, understood, cited, and acted upon, you should work with an editor.
With a PhD in English Literature, experience reviewing arts & culture grants for the Vancouver Foundation, and editing ~$3M in successful grants in the Faculty of Medicine at UBC, I specialize in editing writing in health sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
My expertise is in proofreading and editing research grant proposals and article manuscripts, drawing on the principles of plain language and design. I also:
- advise on teaching grants and awards;
- assist with budget preparation and justification;
- create clear, compelling visuals;
- copyedit and proofread theses and dissertations; and,
- update and advise on the strategic use of Canadian Common CVs.